Monday

You can eat around the debris

Delayed flight, body odor infested plane, screaming babies, man in front of me reclining his chair to the point of almost breaking it into my lap, sore neck, no more peanuts on flights, lack of working outlets in airport to charge laptop, sitting next to the bathrooms on the BO infested plane, lack of outlets on flight, stupid line cutters when boarding plane, having to check in again, not knowing where the heck to put my luggage in those tiny stalls in the public restrooms, running across an airport the size of Texas, almost slipping down the stairs after warned that it was "slippery".

Then I saw him standing there beside the door, hands in his pockets, his eyes lighting up when he saw me. And all the bullshit that I had to endure to get there was so unbelievably worth it that I would not mind doing it all over again-- from the friends that told me that long distance was ridiculous to the people that told me I should end the relationship before I get hurt. Yes, I would experience that shit over and over for him.

That was the first day, which sets us up for what happened last night.

Keeping in mind what was said previously, I was put to the test to make sure that it was actually true. It's easy to say that you are willing to experience distasteful things to be with someone you love. I mean, that's love. But I guess when I made a mental note of it in the Homer airport, someone heard me and decided, "What the heck? Let's test her some more!"

Yep. My bad luck was not left behind in the South. It followed me to Alaska. Then it developed into a more lethal strain of bad luck and became contagious rather than hereditary (sorry Mom).

Last night Mike and I were craving pizza, so we bundled up and went outside to heat up the truck. Well, taking into consideration that the last time Mike drove his truck, he was escorting me back to the house. The man was excited so I don't blame him for, uh, leaving the truck in drive.

I was in the process of climbing into the truck, as was Mike, when he started the engine. When the truck jumped forward, my leg traveled with it. Yes, it is still attached. Luckily I escaped and slammed the door before the truck slid into the ditch beside the porch.

We were just lucky that it was parked at an angle away from the house. If it had been straight, his truck would have flew straight into his roommate Marshall's kitchen. The only time that would have actually been acceptable is if we were coming home from picking up the pizza. We'd burst into the side of the house, open our doors dramatically and shout "OH YEAH." Kool-aid man style. No one would pay any mind to the gaping hole in the wall. Their minds would be set on the deliciousness of the pizza and the epic entrance.

At least that was what I visualized as Mike stood there in the snow in total shock.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Just a little disappointed."

"What?"

"Nothing."

5 comments:

  1. Sorry Babe you get it from me!
    Don't they deliver pizza in Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're there! And you love him! How exciting!!! Now you guys just need to work out the kinks. Oh how to, you know, like not kill each other and feed yourselves. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i dunno what to do!! I am sitting here shaking my head thinkin' what the hell, that's some luck but at the same time laughing!! *SMH*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have pretty twisted humor sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it runs in the family!! lol

    ReplyDelete