All this week I've read blog entries around the world about writer's block and the frustrations that follow. It's like an epidemic and there is a nasty strain out that makes this writer's block last for months. Months!
Friday
Bedridden with a case of the "WB"
So after reading thebloggess.com's last entry, I was inspired to seclude myself until I got some real progress done on my book, which has sadly not happened yet. So lately I have been brainstorming ways in which I can pull this off, but none have come to mind. I am just going to have to wait until I go to Alaska. Traveling seems to trigger the mental state in which it is easier to write. So does Mike. Lately I feel, with this lack of motivation, that with every word it is just me forcing myself to write without real connection. There is no drive behind my recent posts or continuations of my novel. When I write, there is not that familiar satisfaction when I finish. "Maybe I'll be inspired tomorrow," is more like it. Or, "well this is a piece of crap, but at least I wrote today."
Labels:
book stuff,
shorties
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's so frustrating, isn't it? I wrote a book a while back (that nobody had the slightest bit of interest in publishing) and there were days that I just felt so empty that I couldn't even imagine summoning up enough emotion to transfer it to the pages. But, as I'm sure you know, it will pass! When is Alaska?
ReplyDeletehttp://operatingonrandom.blogspot.com
Alaska is next week! I think that is what is getting me back on track. I've gotten a few more pages done.
ReplyDeleteOddly enough, I'm not even thinking about getting published. It's weird! I'm more focused on having everything written out. I think that I just have a need for this story to be told. As for your book, I am certain that there is a publisher out there that would be interested. I am already!