Sunday

Insecurities taking over again

( So last night I couldn't manage to get a signal for the interwebz, so here is the blog entry I typed up last night, which seems completely stupid now that I've met his family. )

12/04/10
1:00 am in Seattle, Washington

I thought meeting the boy's family was supposed to be easier for the girl. I have witnessed my Dad, my Brother, both of my Grandfathers and all of my Uncles make threat after threat to my previous boyfriends. Each and every one of them were shaken to the core. I mean, I have the stereotypical Texan Father. With a beer in one hand, and a gun in the other, he will make any man whose eyes have strayed in my direction cry. All the men on my side are protective to the point of possible warranted therapy.

But I have been scared shitless for the last month because I have no idea what to expect from a large Italian/Irish family in New York. I am going to be the awkward girl from the South. My last experience of "meeting the family" included screaming, getting kicked out of the house, a lecture from his Step Mom about how she thinks that her son spent too much money on me, etc. It was chaos. Absolute chaos. And I'm aggravated that all of those experiences reflect in my view of meeting Mike's family.

Because this is the meeting that matters.

Paranoia aside, I'd like to let everyone know that my Alaskan adventure has officially come to an end. I am sorry that I didn't keep ya'll up to date on everything that I had seen and done, especially considering the fact that I can't upload my pictures until I get back to Texas in January. I have so many stories to share, but I am going to have to share them when I have more time. I'm currently in Seattle, Washington with Michael at the airport, waiting for our early morning flight to New York. Flying all day drained my motivation to share said stories through this medium. 

God I need sleep. Maybe I'll dream up some way to not make a fool of myself when I met his Mother in twelve hours.

1 comment: